Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 79

Thread: All LPD

  1. #51
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    Quote Originally Posted by pvfan View Post
    It'd be nice to see somebody other than Appy/PV win more than 11 games too.

    Laugh all you want,but it's LPD boys basketball,and your wins won't matter come state time. We'll see who'll be sending the smile icon real soon. Beating up on mediocre teams in a mediocre distric doesn't pay dividends when it matters:2thumbsup:. It doesn't matter how many you win when choosing your top 5 anyway.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #52
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    You and Rock have lost your mind. I don't expect us to win state, winning region will be a major chore. Saying that, to think that JJK and Clintwood have as many of the districts top ten as Appalachia is insane.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  3. #53
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    Laugh all you want,but it's LPD boys basketball,and your wins won't matter come state time. We'll see who'll be sending the smile icon real soon. Beating up on mediocre teams in a mediocre distric doesn't pay dividends when it matters:2thumbsup:. It doesn't matter how many you win when choosing your top 5 anyway.
    Yeah, way to support the LPD

    you are always on here jammering about LPD PRIDE and rooting for all the LPD games, but when someone says your team sucks, which they do, you start crap like this.

    Ive bookmarked this post for the next time you start on all that LPD PRIDE crap.

    Its only LPD Pride when JJK is involved, right?
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #54
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    I don't know where anyone is getting the notion that the record of the team, plays a part in who they choose as POY here, means nothing really. It might elsewhere and it probably should, but it doesn't. And I don't see an LPD team winning state in bball for a very long time, its a shame we have to wait for everyone else in the state to be down before we can consider getting there.

  5. #55
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    Yeah, way to support the LPD

    you are always on here jammering about LPD PRIDE and rooting for all the LPD games, but when someone says your team sucks, which they do, you start crap like this.

    Ive bookmarked this post for the next time you start on all that LPD PRIDE crap.

    Its only LPD Pride when JJK is involved, right?

    You guys know I do support the LPD,and I really hope I am wrong on this,but I'm a realist as well,especially when it gomes to the hardwood. History has proven this over the last 36yrs. If JJK were 20-2 or whatever in boys basketball,I'd be sensible enough to know that it is via a weak league. The way PV has been over-inflated on here this year is absurd. You'd think they were +10 on Kansas. The words "for what it's worth" is applicable here. It is the same kind of congrats that is handed to Thomas Walker for winning the Cumberland Distric in football. Just don't get your hopes up too high fellers. As I have said before,I'd LOVE to be proven wrong on this and see PV win it all. I really would,and would be very happy for you and PVfan,but I gotta feeling that this will be year 37 sadly. I never said JJK was anything special in LPD Basketball. They are mediocre like the rest unfortunately. I'm a realist,and can recognize that. I ask you 2 gents to be realists,and save some heartache. Oh well-guess there's always hope. As for LPD Pride when JJK is involved goes? Guess it's a heckuva mystery as to why I was at Salem pulling for Clintwood vs Franklin (as I have made trips many times in the past to pull for LPD squads other than ours).
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #56
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    You wont find one post where I said we'll win the regional title little lone the state title. In fact we won the league and the post had two responses, two! I'm sure if JJK won it in baseball you'd write ten pages yourself.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  7. #57
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    I don't know where anyone is getting the notion that the record of the team, plays a part in who they choose as POY here, means nothing really. It might elsewhere and it probably should, but it doesn't. And I don't see an LPD team winning state in bball for a very long time, its a shame we have to wait for everyone else in the state to be down before we can consider getting there.
    I don't disagree, but according to Unchained the LPD sucks. Therefore, you'd think that an all lpd performer would help his team put more than two points on the board in the first quarter of a league game.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  8. #58
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    Quote Originally Posted by pvfan View Post
    You wont find one post where I said we'll win the regional title little lone the state title. In fact we won the league and the post had two responses, two! I'm sure if JJK won it in baseball you'd write ten pages yourself.

    Winning the LPD in baseball is ho-hum at JJK. If we win state,i'll write a page or two. Tell you what: You guys win it in basketball and I'll add my 10 pgs to your 10 praising PV b-ball lol. Seriously guys I'm just calling it as I see it (and hoping I am wrong)
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  9. #59
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    Quote Originally Posted by pvfan View Post
    I don't disagree, but according to Unchained the LPD sucks. Therefore, you'd think that an all lpd performer would help his team put more than two points on the board in the first quarter of a league game.

    My consensus that the LPD in boys basketball has been mediocre has a world of history that bears it out,and it's a shared consensus by MANY folks. There's alot you can argue with me on man,but this is one that's hard to get any bite out of. It is what it is.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  10. #60
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: All LPD

    Still can't find these ten pages of praising PV your speaking of. Rock and yourself just got bent out of shape that JJK and CW don't have a player deserving first team all-lpd.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •